The awesome folks at Grimdark Magazine are putting together an anthology!
BUT THEY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!
The team at GRIMDARK MAGAZINE want to get fantasy authors into the shoes of their established antagonists and present you with 15+ dark fantasy stories in a beautiful print tome. We’ve engaged a range of fantasy authors with established worlds including R. Scott Bakker’s The Second Apocalypse, Courtney Schafer’s Shattered Sigil, Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Shadows of the Apt, Teresa Frohock’s Los Nefilim, Jeff Salyards’ Bloodsounder’s Arc, and many more.
Wrapped in Tommy Arnold‘s beautiful cover art, designed by crowd favourite Shawn King, and with a stretch goal to fill it with Jason Deem‘s interior art, Evil is a Matter of Perspective will be an eye-catching addition to your shelf once you’re done seeing the world through evil’s eyes.
We’ve managed to rustle up a big range of authors from epic fantasy, dark fantasy, and grimdark fantasy to put together this anthology:
- R. Scott Bakker (The Second Apocalypse)
- Adrian Tchaikovsky (Shadows of the Apt, The Tiger and the Wolf)
- Michael R. Fletcher (Manifest Delusions)
- Shawn Speakman (The Annwn Cycles)
- Teresa Frohock (Los Nefilim)
- Kaaron Warren (The Gate Theory, Mistification)
- Courtney Schafer (The Shattered Sigil)
- Marc Turner (Chronicles of the Exile)
- Jeff Salyards (Bloodsounder’s Arc)
- Mazarkis Williams (The Tower & Knife)
- Deborah A. Wolf (The Dragon’s Legacy)
- Brian Staveley (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne)
- Alex Marshall (Crimson Empire)
- Bradley P. Beaulieu (The Song of the Shattered Sands, The Lays of Anuskaya)
- Matthew Ward (Shadow of the Raven, Coldharbour)
The cover art is completed and we’ve got an experienced team of editors, designers and artists to back up our list of exemplary authors and make the project shine.
Once funded, short stories will be delivered in August and September for editing, which should take us through to the end of November to have the copy complete and ready for Shawn to lay out. Once completed, the team at US-based Thomson-Shore will print three versions of it (paperback, hardcover, and special edition) to be sent to our distributor in Texas and delivered to our backers.
For More Details Go to the KICKSTARTER Page. And if you’re feeling brave and want to be brutally murdered (and pledge $175) I’ll Tuckerize you, forever immortalizing your terrible death in fiction!